Cheesy Summer Squash Casserole
Serves: 6 to 8 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 6 medium yellow summer squash, thinly sliced (like silver dollars)
- 1 large Vidalia onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon salted butter
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 1 cup shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 sleeve Ritz crackers, crushed medium to fine
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 2-quart casserole dish.
Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the squash, onion, and butter until soft.
Transfer to a bowl and stir in the Parmesan, Cheddar, and sour cream. Add salt and pepper, to taste. Cook 30 minutes.